2022 Alumni Awards Nomination Information
Through the Bette Ann Harris ‘83 Distinguished Alumni Award and the Emerging Leader Alumni Award, MGH Institute recognizes and honors alumni for outstanding merit. Nominations are accepted from any source, and sought annually from Institute alumni, faculty, staff, and professional peers. Nominations for the 2022 Alumni Awards are currently being accepted until Friday, March 18, 2022.
Award recipients will be notified by April 8, 2022, and will receive the award at the 2022 Commencement ceremony in May.
The Bette Ann Harris Distinguished Alumni Award is open to all alumni who graduated 10 or more years ago, and have demonstrated outstanding leadership, achievement, and service in advancing health care through the professions and in support of the mission of the MGH Institute in one or more of the following ways:
- Expanding and refining the scientific basis for clinical practice through research and scholarship.
- Contributing to new models of practice to foster provision of effective, affordable, and ethical health care.
- Contributing significantly to advancing the mission, reputation, and standards
The Emerging Leader Alumni Award is open to all alumni who have graduated with their first professional degree within the past ten years, and have demonstrated outstanding leadership and made significant contributions to his/her professional disciplines and/or health care in one or more of the following ways:
- Implementing innovative models or programs that contribute to advancing the health professions and have the potential to change the health care landscape;
- Committing to and promoting ethical health care practices in the local and/or global community; or
- Using their leadership role and skills to advocate for change and advancement while continuing to provide the highest quality of care.
Nominations are accepted from any source, and sought annually from Institute alumni, faculty, staff, and professional peers. To nominate an individual for any one of these awards, please complete the nomination form and submit:
- A letter of recommendation citing specific reasons why the individual is deserving of the award
- The nominee’s name, program of study, year of graduation, and complete contact information
- OPTIONAL: Up to three (3) additional supporting letters, documentation or illustrations of how the nominee meets the award criteria. Each supporting letter should be no more than two pages long, and at least one of these must come from outside the Institute